Friday, April 8, 2011

Emily's Flower Show Experience


My Flower Show Experience

On Saturday March 5th, 2011 my mother, aunt, and brother and I went to the Philadelphia Flower Show.   This was the third time I have attended the show.   This year’s theme was “Spring Time in Paris.”
            As you walked into the entrance you saw a replica of the bottom of the Eiffel tower, you heard French music, and as you took a breath you instantly smelled the amazing fragrance of millions of flowers.  All these senses together made the experience come to life.  In front of and around the Eiffel Tower there were carousel animals made entirely out of flowers, and other plants.  These floral sculptures were by far my favorite part of the flower show.  I, of course, came equipped with my camera and started taking photo after photo of each carousel animal.  The use of the many different plants to create the texture of the animals amazed me.

Below are some photos that have took of the Eiffel Tower replica, and the carousel animals:







Another part of Philadelphia Flower Show that stood out to me were the accessories made from many different parts of plants.  They were all so ornate. It surprised me that they were totally made from parts of plants, like seeds and small leaves. Making these necklaces, and clutches must be very tedious and gathering the materials might have been time consuming, considering I have never heard of most of the materials they were used.  As always, I took photos.  The first photo is the winner in this category, with a picture of the card listing the materials used.



Another piece that I really enjoyed was a necklace; here it is below with the materials:





 The Philadelphia Flower Show is one of my favorite events to attend all year.  After a long winter, it is always regenerating to go into this building and feel like you are in the middle of springtime. Who ever you are, I believe that The Philadelphia Flower is a must see. Next year the theme is Hawaii Islands of Aloha. I know I’ll be there!  Will you?

Here is the Philadelphia Flower Show Website: http://www.theflowershow.com/home/index.html





No comments:

Post a Comment